Monday, October 26, 2009

Readers Ask: A Virus Linked to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Consults Blog - NYTimes.com

Readers Ask: A Virus Linked to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Consults Blog - NYTimes.com

Denise Grady, a science writer for The New York Times, recently explored the link between a recently discovered virus called XMRV and chronic fatigue syndrome, in “Is a Virus the Cause of Fatigue Syndrome?” On the Consults blog, scientists and doctors from the International Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, a society of 500 biomedical and behavioral professionals, took readers’ questions on chronic fatigue syndrome.

Here, Dr. Nancy G. Klimas, who serves on the board of directors of the organization, answers questions on the recently discovered retrovirus and clinical care of chronic fatigue syndrome. Dr. Klimas is a director of the department of immunology of the University of Miami School of Medicine and director of research for clinical AIDS/H.I.V. research at the Miami Veterans Affairs Medical Center. Also read Fred Friedberg’s responses to behavior-related questions in “Behavioral Treatments for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.”

There is a list of questions and answers, also on behavior therapy, there is often a lot of ruckus over the last, I previewed at bit and seems more sensible than the outrageous graded exercise. take a look at both articles and have your say, just log in first.
 Also of great interest is reference to Osler's Web and a former biotech Dr. Elaine DeFreitas who discovered a retrovirus related to ME/CFS in the early 1990's and the CDC shut her down and out, The National Institutes of Health intentionally destroyed her reputation because it did not mesh with their vigorous assertions that C.F.I.D.S. was psychoneurosis (psychiatric) .
          http://www.oslersweb.com/


They also stated as I have already posted on site, of availability for tests for XMRV, although this article seems abit behind and were you can order it, if it ready that I put in a prior blog post.

Now for me I'm back to bed. My energy is up a notch and the dystonia spasms down,convulsions are not, and I am still very weak to say the least, and still can't do more work on more editing, letters or petitions. may take a few more day to recoup, just being showered and my clothes changed by some else puts me in bed for a period of time after. Also my speech isn't back yet, so no phone calls. :(


http://consults.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/15/readers-ask-a-virus-linked-to-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/


Share/Save/Bookmark






No comments:

Post a Comment